A lot of businesses lack the necessary knowledge to expand social media opportunities to grow their business. Digitization is taking over, and the business community is embracing it without hesitation. It is only wise for you as a business person to know the various social media trends and how to fine-tune them to your advantage. We will discuss some social media tips for your overall business growth.
General Social Media Tips
We will begin with general social media tips that apply to every social media platform your business is using.
- Always keep your social media profile complete and up-to-date: This tip is helpful when you apply it on your most popular social media account. Go to Google, search for your business name and your name. See the highest-ranking account both on the first two pages. Take note of them. Then check each profile to make sure all of your details are accurate. These include updating your website information and online store (if you have one).
- Cross-promote your social profiles: Look for avenues to add links from one social media profile to others. It will help people connect with you from different mediums. For example, Google+ allows you to link to as many of your other social media profiles. Your YouTube channel also has a space for Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ links. Also, remember to add your social profiles in your email signature with applications like WiseStamp or simple text links to your social networks.
- Check your email regularly for new people to connect with on different social media platforms: A lot of businesspersons do not check their emails as often as possible. And this is a significant setback to your business. You should check your email daily, weekly, and monthly to get in touch with new persons. The potentials your email hold is enormous.
- Stop buying followers and fans: As much as you need a large audience on social media, you must be patient to grow real fans. Do not go about buying fake accounts in a bid to increase your followership. If you want to build your business on sincerity and transparency, then you must stop buying followers. Grow your audience legitimately.
- Make use of Google Analytics for measuring your progress: The first thing to do is to set up specific goals. After doing that, you can use the new social reporting features of Google Analytics to track your efforts. You can also use the feature to ensure that you are getting results from your social media marketing campaign. Measuring your efforts will help give you clarity on areas you need to focus on and areas you are doing well.
Facebook Social Media Tips
This is the point where we get to specify these tips according to their various platforms. Facebook still remains the leading social media network worldwide. To help you navigate through this platform as a business, follow the tips below:
- Use the Facebook buttons on your website: One way to build your fan base is by including a Facebook button on your website. This will enable people who visit your site to follow you directly on Facebook.
- Make use of custom tabs on your Facebook page: You don’t necessarily have to be a developer before you can add custom content to your Facebook page. There are many application providers including Involver, inlineVision, and Pagemodo, These companies have free and paid apps to help you integrate content from other networks (your blog, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) onto your Facebook page.
- Experiment with Promoted, Sponsored, and regular posts: The Facebook algorithm has changed a great deal. The amount of engagement you get depends on the algorithm. So, you can try different methods of advertisements to know which one is more engaging. Also, try to be versatile. Don’t be stuck with one process for too long as things are bound to change.
- Follow your favorite fan pages: Remember, you are not the only one on Facebook. Facebook is an encompassing social media platform. Learn to interact and meet new people too. There are also other businesspersons on Facebook, engage them when necessary, and build a healthy online relationship. In addition to how the Facebook algorithm works, the more you participate in people’s posts, the higher your profile visibility. So, have some virtual friends while you still focus on building your business.
Twitter Social Media Tips
This social media platform differs a lot from Facebook. So, you will not use the same procedure here. Below are some tips to help you build your Brand’s online presence on Twitter.
- Make sure your profile is up-to-date: As we mentioned earlier on the tips to grow your Facebook presence, you must have a recent account that explains in detail the nature of your business. Learn about Twitter’s layout. Also, check your bio. That’s the first thing that depicts you and your business. Remember also that your Twitter bio information is sitting on the new header portion with white font. So when you choose a header image, always test it to see if it explains your business with ease. And while you do that, check your Twitter background and ensure that it compliments the new header instead of clashing with it.
- Promote your profile, tweets, and overall business with Twitter advertising: Although Twitter advertising is costly, it is still quite affordable for an average business person. If you have an interest in Promoted Trends, that feature is not are not as expensive. And it is also simple to start. So, do not hesitate to check Twitter advertising today and boost relevant followers and engagement on Twitter. Unlike Facebook, where you have other options to experiment on, Twitter is not like that. In addition to that, use hashtags because it is one thing that boosts your visibility on Twitter.
- Follow trends and interact: Interact with potential clients by engaging them. Twitter is one of the simplest networks for real engagements, irrespective of whether those people are following you. If you want to gain the attention of a particular client for your business, start interacting with them. Retweet, share and comment on their posts. Follow key people in your niche. If you are a fashion brand, follow many fashion handles, tweet and engage them when necessary. Also, try to answer questions when they ask their followers. It is one of the best ways to make them know you. Simple interactions could lead to the biggest deals. Anything is possible on social media.
- Keep track of your follower trends: Just like you must keep track of your Facebook page or account, you should also do the same for twitter. The Twitter Counter is a free tool that allows you to view your Twitter growth within three months (or six months if you want to tweet about their service). The tool also helps you identify areas that need improvements. Go through it as often as possible. In addition to other benefits, you will also get to check if there are any underlying issues in your follower count. With that data, you can correct your mistakes and match it up with updates or other promotions you had around the same time. The package will also help prevent you from making a mistake that leads to a loss of followers. One important thing about this social media platform is that you must retain your followers to stay relevant to the social network.
This social media platform may not be an interactive one, but it is a necessary network for your business. Your website needs it. In all, your entire profile needs it because it boosts your authenticity. Here are some tips that will help utilize this platform well.
- Encourage reviews on your Google+ local page: As a local business owner, you need reviews to build your brand. Google+ is more widely accepted and used; you can encourage people to review your business on Google+ without much stress. And these reviews help to make your business look good in local search results.
- Share updates publicly: If you are observant enough, you must have noticed that sometimes you get notifications about people’s Google+ updates. If you publish something publicly, everyone following you will not get a notification. But if you make an update publicly and add selected people, then people that mentioned will get an alert in their Google+. Also, remember that you don’t have to do this all of the time as you will make people grow weary of your business. You can only do it for more important updates that you don’t want people to miss.
- Take advantage of Google+ authorship: This should be an edge for you because most businesspersons do not consider this. Some websites still do not know the benefits attached to Google+ authorship. Authorship explains the need to put your photo next to your content. Doing such will make your business look unique in search engines. If you have productive contributors on your blog, the fact that they are recognizable can increase your online traffic for you. The best part is that Authorship is now simpler. You can learn how to easily link your Google+ profile to the content you create. You can also encourage anyone who writes for your site to link their profile to the content they create.
- Make use of the official Google+ badge on your website: The Google+ badge enables visitors to connect to your other social media profiles, business page, or your profile without having to leave your website. Be sure to implement it.
LinkedIn Social Media Tips
LinkedIn is still a growing social media platform for professionals. To be able to navigate through the platform with ease, you must get acquainted with its features and take advantage of them. Below are some tips to help you.
- Leverage the new company page design: There are many new conversion points on the new LinkedIn company page design. These include the ability to add clickable banners on individual product and service pages. There are also new page insights that tell you more about your visitors who check your company page, their job description, industry, region, company size, and more.
- Post updates to your business page: The same way Facebook offers insights into your updates on your Facebook page, LinkedIn also gives insights into status updates on your business page. You will get to know the number of impressions, number of clicks and visits, and the total amount of engagement for each of your updates or posts. You can even target your updates to a particular audience, or share them with all of your followers. Also, your updates help to keep your business page on people’s news feed. That way, you will gradually register your name in their hearts.
- Ask for endorsement from people with regards to your skills: LinkedIn has a new feature that allows people to endorse you for having one or more particular skills. You must, however, make your skillset appealing and worthy of note. Also, make sure people can easily vouch for you by including skills to your LinkedIn personal or business profile. And then tell others to endorse you by sharing your LinkedIn profile on other social media networks. In addition to the endorsement, people can also write recommendations for you based on request. So you can ask virtual friends on the space to write something compelling that could boost your engagements.
- Add additional details to your LinkedIn profile: For this tip, you can add your qualifications on your bio. It may not be your full bio but something that depicts your business. Do you have books to your name in print or online? Do you have distinct professional certifications? Have you volunteered, and is your volunteering experience worth sharing? If so, you can go to Edit Profile and look for the Add option above your Summary. You will find other specific sections you can add to your profile. Publications are also especially attractive, as you can link them directly to Amazon or a page on your website. You can always add free ebooks on that list and link them to lead generation pages for your business.
- Try specific LinkedIn advertising: LinkedIn advertising is more costly compared to other social media advertising options. But it also offers separate advertising plans that no other social media platform does. For example, if you want clients in a particular industry, you can target your ads and efforts toward people who specialize there. To make your LinkedIn ads best for social conversion, you can create a customized landing page for people in your preferred industry.
Social media is changing rapidly. In no distant time, there will be new features, designs, and advertising options. All you need to do is to ensure that you are up-to-date with trends and changes. You must also learn to adapt to the next wave of changes when necessary. Also, ensure that your business is utilizing social media to its fullest extent for engagement, lead generation, and conversions. The social media world has potentials that will grow your business.