The success of any website is quite relative but depends majorly on the type of SEO tools you use. An incredible suite of SEO tools can bring back the life of a dead website. Is your website lacking maximum nutrients Essen for growth? Do you find it hard managing your website? This article is for you.
In this article, you will understand what it takes to grow your website and a you need to do. You will also get a helpful list of SEO tools that will help you manage your website well. They are grouped into:
- Technical SEO Tools
- On-Page SEO Tools
- Local SEO Tools
- Tracking, Analytics and Reporting Tools
- Other Free Tools
FREE TECHNICAL SEO TOOLS
This is one of the main parts of SEO management. The technicality of your webpage determines a lot. These SEO tools will help you will identify technical issues and offer some tips on how to solve them.
Google Search Console
This is one of the free technical SEO tools that will help you gain insights into the overall organic performance of your website. It also helps you identify reported issues like notifications of manual action penalties. Any website that wants to rank well on Google should be very familiar with it.
In addition, it is the first place you can ascertain issues that relates to how your website appears on SERPs. It is also the ideal place to see the issues Google sees whenever it crawls and indexes your website. On a page-by-page level, you can test a URL to understand how Googlebot reads it. You will also know the user-declared and Google-selected canonical, the date it was last crawled, and many more.
- It helps you understand your website’s SEO performance in terms of clicks, impressions, and average positions on an individual keyword level. Which ultimately helps you plan your growth strategy.
- With this tool, you can inspect your URLs to identify crawling and indexing issues.
- Helps you find coverage errors and the cause of these (404 errors, crawl issues, pages blocked by robots.txt and more).
- Submits sitemap.
- Finds manual actions and security issues.
- Helps you gain insights into the backlinks and internal links that Google knows about.
- Informs Google of a domain name change.
Google PageSpeed Insights
Site speed is not only a ranking factor, but it is also one of technical SEO tools. It determines the user experience (UX) of your website. Slow pages reduce number of visits, prevents conversions and damage rankings. So Google’s free PageSpeed Insights is one of the best SEO tools that will help you manage the speed of your site properly. In addition, it gives you clear suggestions for improvements to your site, and also indicates how much time can be saved by making them. It’s a great way know your website’s performance.
- You can use the Google PageSpeed Insights tool to ascertain your site’s PageSpeed score.
- It will also help you learn how to improve the speed of your site by fixing highlighted issues.
- Even if you are not fully technical, you can see the core areas that affects the speed of your site. Such as image load time or server issues. You will also get to see the areas that doing well.
Bing Webmaster Tools
Bing Webmaster SEO tools has a market share of about 25% in the United States. Which makes it quite big to ignore by focusing on Google alone. This is also one of the SEO tools that helps you manage your website’s appearance on the search engine. In other words, your appearance on search engine depends on how well you use this tool. It is a free tool, so you have no reason not to use it to build your site’s appearance.
- With this tool, you can get the summary of your website’s performance than using Google Search Console.
- Helps you identify areas that need improvement.
- Also, it helps you understand how users find your site, by allowing you diagnose site issues and receive notifications from Bing.
- It offers SEO tools such as analyzer, that gives you best practical recommendations.
SEMrush is among the comprehensive SEO tools, which allows you to manage all technical matters related to the optimization of your site. Although it is a free tool, but there are a good number of different pricing plans you can choose from. Starting from keyword research to technical SEO auditing, reporting, and competitive research, SEMrush’s free subscription offers a wealth of features that will make your life easier. It will even give you access to free extensions like SEOquake.
However, a free subscription provides the following:
- You can perform up to 10 searches a day.
- Opportunity to use the Keyword Magic tool (without saving searches)
- Also, you can create and manage a single project (each project includes 12 individual tools)
- You can crawl up to 100 pages of your site with the Site Audit tool to find issues and opportunities (if you have a registered SEMrush account; a limited crawl of 25 pages is available without an account.
- Ability to track the positions of up to 10 keywords in the Position Tracking tool.
- You are given a total of 10 SEO Idea units per month.
FREE ON-PAGE SEO TOOLS
Since WordPress now controls 35% of the web, there is a reasonable chance that it is your CMS of choice. If it is, there are many free SEO tools that can help you get the most out of the platform from an on-page SEO perspective. These SEO tools are like free plugins. They include:
Rank Math is undoubtedly the go-to WordPress SEO plugin, with more than 300,000 installations to date. Amongst other SEO tools, this tool helps you coverage everything from optimizing your page titles and meta descriptions. It also monitors 404 errors and creates XML sitemaps that identifies fresh content opportunities.
In addition, it recommends the right settings to help you run a fully optimized WordPress website. You can also get complete control over what you use and what you don’t use. In other words, you can pick and use your features as you like than using the all-in-one plugin.
This is a free WordPress plugin that makes optimizing your site as simple as it should be for beginners. Note that it is fully integrated with the Gutenberg WordPress editor. This SEO plugin gives you full control over your website’s optimization for specific keywords. It has a built-in support that helps you carry out complex tasks like adding structured data blocks for FAQs.
Yoast SEO also helps you manage your on-page optimization yourself. So, amongst other SEO tools, Yoast SEO is quite suitable for people who want to run their own business. Immediately you input the focus keyword for a page, this tool gives you a number of errors to fix and improvements to make. It also shows you what you have already gotten or optimized correctly. To do this, it uses a simple traffic light system that shows where improvements can be made. So it is a great way to look after the individual elements of your onsite optimization efforts.
FREE LOCAL SEO TOOLS
The quest for local customers can be tough for small businesses, but there are some excellent free SEO tools available to help maximize visibility and drive growth on the SERPs. They are:
Google My Business
This tool is good for people who run physical businesses in a designated location. If you run a business with a physical store or one that serves customers at their locations, use Google My Business (GMB) to have your business listing and appear on Google Maps, in the Knowledge Panel, and in the Local Pack. You can’t appear in key locations on local SERPs except you create and optimize your GMB listing using this tool. Also, if you want stand out amidst your competitors for opening hours, days, reviews and more, then Google My Business is the tool you need.
- By optimizing your GMB, you gain a significant competitive advantage.
- Your competitors will likely treat it as a ‘set and forget’ listing. Which means they will miss out on opportunities to add new posts, keep Q&As up to date, respond to reviews, add photos, and upload offers.
FREE TRACKING AND ANALYTICS SEO TOOLS
These tools are also among the SEO tools, which help you track and analyze your data. With the right tools, it is essential for you to run an effective strategy informed by insightful reports. These tools include:
This is a free tool that is very important for every marketer in the business world. The amazing insights it offers can help inform your decisions in almost every area of your strategy. It also has the ability to report on and analyze metrics like number of sessions, unique visitors and conversions. In turn, this will help you develop a detailed understanding of your traffic, including where it came from, where it went on your site, how it engaged with your content, and where it exited.
You can even get detailed user data, such as demographics and device usage, to help inform your strategy. In addition, it is the most cost-effective analytics platform for businesses of all sizes to nurture their traffic generation activities. The fact that you can demonstrate success (and failure) with statistical evidence is a powerful way to boost any kind of SEO strategy.
Google Data Studio
Amongst other SEO tools, this is the best tool you need if you want to create an engaging SEO report. Check out Google Data Studio for opportunities to utilize interesting dashboards and visualize your website’s performance.
Though Analytics is a fantastic tool for understanding how your website behaves, there are however times when you need to combine such data with those from other tools, such as Google Search Console. It is one of the best free reporting tools out there for showcasing the results of your marketing efforts.
- It helps you see the trends that some other tools don’t see.
- Also, it is a fantastic way to create fully customizable and engaging reports that show real-time data, historical comparisons and more.
- There is no cost attached.
OTHER FREE SEO TOOLS
In addition, some SEO tools might not naturally fit into a certain category, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be among the most fantastic SEO tools needed for your marketing toolset. They include:
We all see inconsistent results from time to time, but it can be difficult to know whether this is caused by an algorithm update that’s getting rolled out or by new competitor activity. SEMrush Sensor tracks Google’s volatility each day and helps you see how much rankings are fluctuating in your market. You should always be observant, keep an eye on the SERPs you are ranking on. Butt such a task is made easier with a tool that does it for you. You can use SEMrush Sensor to see whether or not there are significant fluctuations, which will prompt you to check your own site’s performance.
- You do not need an SEMrush account to use the tool; it is completely free.
- It gives you the clearer picture of fluctuations on the SERPs by allowing you to not only drill down into details of the keywords you rank for, but also see movements in other sectors.
This tool is used to investigate fluctuations. Algorithm updates can affect any site that offers a poor user experience. Even fluctuations on the SERPs don’t always make sense to everyone at first. But this tool can help you control the fluctuations. It also allows you to quickly see whether your site has any Google algorithm’s impact. Within seconds, you can connect your Google Analytics account to the Panguin tool, which will let you identify any potential cause for drops in traffic.
- It helps you streamline the process of checking your traffic performance against algorithm updates. So you no longer need to switch between tabs and match up the dates yourself.
- What could take hours manually only takes a few minutes with the Panguin Tool, which means you have an excellent free way to help you deal with past and future algorithm updates.
In summary, with these SEO tools in place, you can generate enough traffic to your website. These SEO tools have been tested and trusted. So be rest assured of the results.
If you found this helpful, do leave a comment and share to other social media platforms.
Also read: Search-engine-optimization-basics