You have a case of phone theft and you want to wipe all data in it?
Are you having issues unlocking your phone?
Did you forget your password?
Did someone lock your phone mistakenly and can’t remember the password?
This article will unveil some steps you need to unlock your device both Android and iPhone.
Android smartphones come with a tool that helps you locate and remote wipe your data when necessary. Usually, phones get locked through passwords or fingerprints or patterns in order to maintain the security, but imagine a situation in which your phone gets stolen or someone tries to interfere with it by locking it without your knowledge. You will surely be confused and scared of loosing important documents. You can put aside the confusion, fears and worries by allowing Android Device Manager (ADM) to unlock your Android phone. All you have to do is to activate ADM on your phone.
What is Android Device Manager?
Android Device Manager is capable of unlocking your phone within a small amount of time, thus saving you from all the troubles and fear of loosing your files.
Android device manager also has the potential to unlock your password/pin-encrypted android phone if you have by any chance forgotten the passcode. The whole procedure is not difficult because you only need a Google account to set this up on your phone and then you can use any other online device to track down your stolen or lost phone or to even wipe all data in it.
How to Remove Lock from your Android phone
To maintain absolute privacy and discretion, it has now become a necessity to set up lock screen security measures on your smartphone in order to prevent strangers or even friends from accessing your phone without your permission. Also, this is important because you don’t really want anyone who dares to steal your phone to get complete access to your pictures, mails, or other sensitive data. However, think of a situation where you are the one who cannot access your phone. You could have probably forgotten your PIN or pattern. There could also be a scenario involving someone pranking you by setting up a lock screen pattern and just leaves you struggling with it.
In such situations, do not worry your head as you can always find a solution. You can always solve these problems and even prevent them without smashing your phone against a wall due to utter frustration and confusion. All you have to do is to enable the Android Device Manager on your phone before you lock (locked) yourself out. Emphasis on enabling Android Device Manager before locking yourself out.
Enabling Android Device Manager is quite an easy process. You will have to go to google.com/android/devicemanager on your computer and search through the list of devices that are connected to your Google account. While on the site, you will be able to send a notification to the phone you want to enable remote password application and wiping upon easily.
Android Device Manager contains a set of features that allows you unlock your Android phone as well. Asides helping you to find your device, it also helps you to Ring it, lock it, and wipe and erase all the data as well, if your phone is stolen or lost. After logging into the ADM website from your computer, you can make use of all these options once your phone gets located. It is always necessary to get your device locked by Android Device Manager in case it is stolen or lost, so that your phone is efficiently secured till you recover it.
Prerequisite for unlocking your android phone with Android Device Manager
- First, you must enable ADM on your phone before it is lost, stolen, or tampered with..
- You must turn on your GPS option in order to track your phone with the help of ADM.
- Also, you must connect the device you are using for ADM to the internet or Wi-Fi, in order to login to your Google account.
- Finally, ADM is not compatible for all Android versions. Presently, it is only compatible with devices running Android 4.4 and above, hence your phone must be in this category for ADM to work.
How to Unlock Your Android Device Using
Here is a step-by-step procedure to unlocking youra phone using android device nanager:
Step 1. Visit: google.com/android/devicemanager, on your computer or any other mobile phone
Step 2. Sign in with the help of your Google login details that you had used in your locked phone as well.
Step 3. In the ADM interface, choose the device you want to unlock and then select “Lock”.
Step 4. Enter a temporary password and click on “Lock” again.
Step 5. If the earlier step was a successful one, you will be able to see a confirmation below the box with the buttons – Ring, Lock and Erase.
Step 6. You will now be able to see a password field on your phone screen. Enter a temporary password to unlock your phone.
Step 7. Visit your phone’s lock screen settings and disable the temporary password. ADM has successfully unlocked your phone.
How to enable ADM on your Android phone
On a technical level, and to be on a safe side, any phone running Android 4.4 and above is considered compatible with ADM. However, it does not work by default since you will have to make some initial alterations before you can use it. In other words, you must enable the ADM, if you have not done it earlier. This can be achieved by the steps given below:
- Turn on Location Access: Go to Settings > Location, then turning on the toggle. Ensure that you choose ‘high’ accuracy, as this is considered to be the best for finding your phone’s location in an accurate manner.
- Enable Security Settings: Go to Settings > Google > Security and turn on the ‘Remotely locate this device’ option. This permits the ADM to view your phone’s location. Following this, you will have to activate the “Allow remove lock and erase” option. This is extremely useful in case you want to wipe your phone completely or lose your phone.
- Activate the Manager: Go to https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager. Using your Google credentials, log in to your account and test it, by trying the location feature.
In order obtain efficient working of the Google Device Manager unlock including other features, you need to ensure that the GPS is turned on and you have an active Internet connection, whether it’s via data or Wi-Fi. Always remember the operating system: if it is not Android 4.4 or above, the feature is not compatible!
How to delete phone lock password via factory reset
This is another way of unlocking your phone. It is called the recovery mode. Most phone repairers and operators use this method to unlock phone. However, you can carryout this method in the comfort of your house without paying a dime to any phone operator. Follow the steps below:
Note: if step 1 doesn’t work, you can restore your phone back to the factory settings:
Step 1. Power off your device and remove your memory card, hold the volume down key and the power / lock button simultaneously for a few seconds. Then enter the recovery mode.
Step 2. Scroll to “wipe data/factory reset” by using the volume keys. Use the power / lock button to select “Yes, delete all user data” on the device.
Step 3. Reboot system, then the Android phone lock password has been deleted, and you will see an unlock phone, you can do the settings and set another password, pin or pattern for you lock screen.
Using Android screen-lock software to remove phone’s screen lock
In a case where you don’t have a Google Account and want to keep all data on the phone, then we recommend you to use Android Data Recovery instead. There in the program, there is a password removal tool embedded into the program and you can easily remove the phone’s screen lock password.
Follow steps below to remove phone’s screen lock password from Android Phone:
Step 1. Download the Best Android Data Recovery Software, open the program and click “Unlock” from the main window.
Step 2. Connect your phone to computer with USB cable for Android phone, Please enable USB debugging on your Android device. Click “start” to remove the screen lock from your device.
Step 3. Follow the instructions displayed on the window to boot your phone into download mode:
- First, power off the Android phone
- Then press and hold the volume down + Home button + power button.
- Press the volume up to enter download mode.
Step 4. Click “start” button to download Android phone recovery package, it helps you to recovery the phone data.
Step 5. Android Data Recovery begins to analyze your device and remove the phone’s screen lock password. This solution is safe and secure and all your data will be protected.
Furthermore, do not panic if you forget your Android phone password. Using Gmail account (Android 4.4 or lower version), restoring the factory settings or using Android Data Recovery software are one of the ways to unlock your Android phone. In fact, these solutions not only suit for Android phones, they can be applied to unlock other Android devices password.
However, you should learn lessons from the Android phone password issues.
- Always remember your Android phone password if you set up a new one (strong password preferred).
- Keep a copy of your Gmail Account. (the easiest mail address to remember).
How to unlock an iPhone
If this is your first iPhone or you plan on getting an iPhone, one important thing to note is that iPhone does not have an unlock code, or any type of sequence. It is officially locked and can be unlocked by Apple servers. This means that even after updating the system or making a factory reset, only Apple servers can do the “magic.”
This is most likely to be a problem if you bought the device second-hand or inherited it from a friend or family member. If it is locked, you’ll find that the iPhone isn’t working on your mobile network, and that’s because it’s tied to a different network.
Short procedure for unlocking your iPhone:
- Contact your provider and request an unlock using the contact details and online tools listed below.
- If you haven’t got the original SIM, you’ll need to reset the phone before it can be unlocked.
- Power down the phone, then replace the old SIM card with a SIM from a different network.
- Check that the iPhone is able to connect a phone call over the new network.
In order to unlock an iPhone you need to provide the IMEI number, which can be found by checking the phone’s settings.
Second thing is to provide the correct network for unlocking.
You can remove the blockade from the network in which the iPhone was bought, not the one that you will be using in the future.
If you don’t know the network you can use iPhone network finder.
The last thing is to check if the IMEI number has been reported as stolen, lost, damaged or the bills where not paid for the purchase.
Blacklisted IMEI number requires different type of service (mentioned on the product list).
Network unlock for an iPhone doesn’t use a code or unlocking sequence. The device is remotely unlocked on Apple servers.
Some instructions for iPhone are:
- Insert a simcard from a different network than the one working in your device. The rejected simcard cannot ask for a pin code at the start. Please use a simcard that doesn’t ask for a pin, or turn the request for a pin code off.
- Start the device and turn on Wi-Fi
- Update should be downloaded. Then your iPhone is ready to work in any network.
(if the Wi-Fi option doesn’t work)
- Connect iPhone to the PC by cable with a rejected simcard inserted (simcard from a different network than the one where you bought the device)
- Start iTunes application on your PC
- Small update will be downloaded. Your iPhone is now network free.
You shouldn’t feel like the whole world is ending as a result of you or someone locking your phone. Android or IPhone. Follow the above steps for your Android or iPhone, and continue enjoying your gadget(s).
Read Also: How To Speed Up Your PC