Are you looking for legit ways to make money from blogging? Do you love blogging? Do you have a WordPress website? This article will help you discover various ways you can earn money while blogging. Before you choose to monetize your blog, you must first understand the kind of blog you are using. Are you using a free or paid domain for your blog? These are questions you need to answer.
However, WordPress has proven to be one of the best blogging platforms to earn money. You can even work from home at your convenience, and there is no limit to how much you can make.
MAKE MONEY FROM YOUR BLOG CONTENT
One way to monetize your blog is via advertisement. Advertising is often the first thing people consider when they start blogging. Apart from ads on WordPress, there also other ways you can monetize your blog content. They include:
- Affiliate marketing: All you have to do here is recommend a product or service to your audience using tracking links. With that, you can always get a referral commission for every time someone buys after clicking your link. The ideal way to start affiliate marketing is by looking out for products or services that will interest your audience. Then, check out for affiliate programs that fit your description.
- Display Google AdSense: This is another way to monetize your blog. You can include a script from Google to your website and begin to display ads. You will then get paid every time a user clicks on the advert. In other words, it is a “cost per click” kind of ad.
- Sell sponsored blog posts: This is an alternative way to monetize your blog if you don’t want to do Google ads. Just like sponsorship works on TV shows, and radio, it can also work for blogs. A company can pay you to represent their product or service, talk about it, and promote it on your site. But, before you start, you must have a detailed description of your traffic statistics, audience demographics, and any other necessary data. This will help you make your site appealing to advertisers and companies. With that, you can negotiate any sponsorship deal.
- Writing reviews: This is very similar to sponsored blog posts. But the difference is that the product or service you are reviewing must be relevant to your audience. You can also approach companies and as to d a review on any of their products or services that is within your niche.
- Building websites: You stand a batter chance of earning from blogging if you can build a WordPress website. It is an added advantage because most entrepreneurs like to buy already established sites. You can create a WordPress blog, generate traffic with it, then you can sell it to make money. Know the kind of websites in demand, and how to price them.
MAKE MONEY FROM BLOGGING BY CREATING A PAID MEMBERSHIP WEBSITE
Apart from monetizing your blog, another way to make money from blogging is by creating a paid membership website. In other words, your audience will have to pay before accessing a particular part of your site. Here are some ways to do that.
- Create an area for members only: Your loyal audience will be ever ready to pay to read more of your content. You can leverage this to monetize your blog. This membership area will allow them to share videos, blog posts, and more. With a WordPress membership plugin, you can create a membership site.
- Create a Private Forum: Apart from the monetary gain in this, forums are the best way to get direct contact with your audience. It also creates a robust platform for your audience to interact amongst themselves. Also, a paid forum is a great way to earn recurring revenue from your site.
MAKE MONEY FROM BLOGGING BY SELLING DIGITAL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
This is another legit way to monetize your blog. You can sell your digital products or that of others. However, you have to invest your time in creating a quality digital product. Some digital products you can sell on your site include:
- Online courses
- A paid webinar
In addition to digital products, you can also sell services online using WordPress. You can create a “hire me” page on your website and search for clients. Services you can sell include:
- Freelance services
- Consultation services
- Become a Coach
SELL PHYSICAL PRODUCTS ONLINE
Just as you can sell digital products on your site, you can also sell physical products. That’s another way to monetize your blog. You can follow these hints below to get started.
- Use WooCommerce for E-commerce business: You can create an online store by adding a free WooCommerce plugin to your already existing blog. Though this method requires a lot of work, its rewards are enormous. Sometimes, a physical product is what your audience wants. The level of digitalization is overwhelming as people are bringing their market online. People don’t mind shopping online nowadays. But, you have to build your store on credibility so you won’t be labeled a scam.
- Create an Online T-shirt Store: T-shirt is a widely used product. So, opening an online t-shirt shop is an excellent way to monetize your blog. You can offer creativity to your audience with your designs. To create your t-shirt shop, you can add the Spreadplugin by Spreadsheet to your existing blog.
- Create a dropshipping store: Many bloggers do not know the potential in dropshipping. It is easy to create an e-commerce store on your WordPress website without handling an inventory or ship items yourself. With dropshipping, you can create the store, manage customer service, and still manage your site. You can also have a third party that will help deliver orders to your customers. You can use the WooCommerce dropshipping add-on plugin to create a dropshipping store on your site.
OFFERING A PLATFORM AS A SERVICE
WordPress websites come with helpful plugins that are independent platforms in their own right. To monetize your blog, you can add such platform your blog or e-commerce store, and then offer it as a paid service. It is also a source of passive income from user activity on your site. Other ways you can provide a platform as a service include:
- Create an online marketplace: This is quite similar to creating an e-commerce store. But the difference is that users cannot only buy but can also sell their products. You can add the WC Vendors plugin to turn your WooCommerce into a multi-vendor platform. With that, vendors can register on your site and start selling. You can also make money by charging a commission on each sell, or your vendors can also purchase membership packages for their listings.
- Make an auctions website: With an auctions website, your audience can bid on products to buy them. This also allows vendors to maximize their profits and enable customers to find fair deals. An example of an online auctions marketplace is eBay. You can run auctions on your website and allow third-party vendors to list their products as well; in turn, you can make money from the list. To successfully build an auctions marketplace with WordPress, you need an auctions add-on, WooCommerce, and a multi-vendor add-on.
- Create a job marketplace: Another way to monetize your blog is by creating a job marketplace. With that, you can make money on each job listing. Examples of online job marketplace are Fiverr and Upwork. You may not want to compete with these two websites. But you can display your job marketplace as a micro-job platform for people working in the same niche as your blog. To stand out from other existing job marketplaces, you can select a specific niche and run with that. Besides, you will also find customers and professionals who detest large platforms because of unnecessary competitions. You can put up a price for job listings, or at the end of a job.
MONETIZE YOUR BLOG BY BEING A WORDPRESS DESIGNER OR DEVELOPER
In addition to how to make money from blogging, you can also make money by being a developer or WordPress designer. Although it requires technical skills, it is not so difficult to start.
- Develop WordPress plugins: Plugins help to increase the flexibility of WordPress websites. They work like applications, which allow you to extend or modify any feature of our WordPress website. Plugins also come in all varieties, from simple code arrangements to complex applications. With basic knowledge of how WordPress works and PHP knowledge, you can create your WordPress plugin. If you are fresh in this field and want to gain experience and also build a reputation for yourself, you can submit a free plugin to the WordPress plugin directory by following the WordPress plugin guidelines. As you grow and start selling premium plugins, you can sell them on the MOJO marketplace, or your WordPress site.
- Sell WordPress Themes: If you are a web design enthusiast, you can start creating WordPress themes for sale. To begin with, you must have both technical skills and necessary design skills. You must also know how to code your design for WordPress. To help you, use a WordPress theme framework such as Genesis.
- Sell Graphics: This is similar to the previous method we talked about, but it doesn’t require coding. You can make money by just designing and selling graphics on your site. Also, you can create stock images or logos and sell them on your site with an e-commerce plugin.
MAKE MONEY FROM BLOGGING BY ASKING FOR DONATIONS
This is quite a difficult way to make money from blogging as they find it embarrassing to accept donations in different ways. That notwithstanding, you can add a PayPal account button or a donate button to your website. To give it a professional look, you can use WPForms to create a donation form on your WordPress site. Donations have little effect since you have to rely on the kindness of your readers. Nonetheless, you can give it a trial. But it is better when you give them something in return like the other methods we have mentioned above.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO MAKE MONEY FROM BLOGGING WITH WORDPRESS
Right on this website, you will see other articles that are helpful for beginners in blogging. You will also find content that will help you have quality experience in your blogging journey. But here are some essential questions you will find beginners asking about making money online from blogging.
Which one of these ways can one use to make money faster from blogging?
The answer to this question depends mostly on what you are passionate about and which method would work best with your blog’s niche. For example, if your niche is photography, then affiliate marketing, advertisements, and paid memberships may all work well for your blog. But you must focus on offering useful, quality content that users will find helpful and money comes after.
How much can one make from blogging?
Making money also depends on your efforts and the time you put into your site. The truth is, many beginner bloggers lose interest and give up quickly. As a blogger, you will make money depending on the amount of traffic you get from your site, the monetization methods you use, and how much work you put in. Many successful bloggers make six and even seven-figure incomes. Blogging is very lucrative if only you know the tricks involved. Remember also that blogging is not a get-rich-quick scheme. You must show commitment and consistency.
Does it take longer to start making some serious money from blogging?
There is no better way to disclose the time frame to start earning from blogging. Some bloggers begin to earn from blogging as soon as they start. Others still struggle for days, months, and even years before they start making money. It all depends on individual differences. However, the ones who consistently work and follow a planned strategy are the ones most likely to see encouraging results very early on. So quit asking about to make money fast, and channel that energy to being productive.
How do I get started?
Starting your WordPress blog is quite simple. However, endeavor to use the right platform.There are two types of WordPress available — WordPress.com, which is a hosted solution, and WordPress.org, also known as self-hosted WordPress. Go for the hosted solution, so it is easier when you choose to monetize it.
These methods listed in this article are proven methods. Stick to the plan, be consistent, and watch your website generate income for you.