Google forms are undoubtedly important in business, especially for collecting customer feedbacks, or applications for a job opening. They help to integrate effortlessly with other Google products such as Google Sheets, which allows you to make worthy of all data that you collect. Google Forms also work well with platforms like YouTube, enabling you to upload videos seamlessly.
How to get the link to your Google Form
- To get the link to your Google Form to send through social media, text, or in the body of an email, go to the “Send” button at the top right of your form.
- Beside the”Send via” text, click the link icon. Copy the link provided, and send to recipients.
- Google Forms are amazingly easy and intuitive, once you get to know all the necessary procedures involved. Like we said earlier, you have the option to add questions, a title and description, an image, a video, or even an entire section within each template.
How to make a Google Forms
- Go to docs.google.com/forms, then choose a blank form or template from your template gallery.
- Fill out or adjust the necessary information (input necessary information only).
- Be sure to title your form, and include a description. Also, you can add images or embed videos.
- Meanwhile, on the right-hand side of your form, you will see a toolbox with five icons – “Add question”, “Add title and description”, “Add image”, “Add video”, and “Add section”. Use these to personalize your form further, if necessary.
- When you are ready, click Send in the top right. Type the email(s) to which you want to send your form.
- Then click “Send” in the bottom right.
How to share a Google Form
- Click the “Send” button at the top right of your form. Then, choose one of the three options listed beside “Send via … “. Alternatively, there are Facebook, Google Plus, and Twitter icons at the top right of the same “Send” pop-up box.
- Click on one of those if you want to share your Google Form to one of those audiences (you can as well share to more than one platforms). When you are ready, click “Send” in the bottom right corner.
How to Embed Google Forms in an Email
- Simply go to docs.google.com/forms, then select a blank form or template from your template gallery.
- Within the form itself, you can adjust almost everything, including title, description, and sections. You can also add images or videos.
- When you are ready to use your Google Form, simply click the “Send” button in the top right, and type the email addresses to which you want to send your form.
Using email forms for email marketing
How to share Google Form responses
- Go to the top right of your Form and click “More” (the three-dot icon).
- Click “Add collaborators … ” Then input the names or emails of the people with whom you want to share responses.
- When the collaborators receive the form responses, they can send the form to others, and even edit the form themselves (which is an advantage in case you omitted something).
How to Close a Google Form
- Click “Edit This Form” on the form you want to close.
- Then select “Responses”.Click the button to the right of “Accepting responses”.
- Once it says “Not accepting responses”, your form is now successfully closed.
How to Embed Google Forms in a Website or Blog
- In the “Send Form” pop-up, click on the icon with two pointy brackets close to the “Send via…” options.
- Copy the HTML that appears by clicking the Copy button, or press Ctrl + c (Windows) or ⌘ + c (Mac) on your keyboard.
- Your form will appear in your page within an iframe. You also have the liberty to adjust the height and width of the iframe. But remember, iframes may cause usability issues. Sometimes, it doesn’t fit in the page or looks odd.
- Paste the code into your web page where you would like to display it, usually somewhere in the body of the page.
- Then, you have your form embedded in your web page.
One of the biggest advantage of this method is that, you can share the URL of your domain with your users. This will make your users comfortable and relaxed knowing that they will be giving out their responses in a form hosted in your domain, instead of a less secured shared form that is hosted in Google domain.
Furthermore, there is another way to embed Google forms in your website. It is however a bonus, if you don’t want to use the first option, you can go for this one.
How to Embed Google Forms in a Website or Blog (without iframe, without Google branding)
This is another option where you can embed your Google Form within and make it look like your website. You will need to get Formfacade. It is an add-on plugin for Google Forms. Similar to the previous method, Formfacade will give you an embedded code, which will allow you to render your form without iframe and without Google Form branding. Installing Formfacade from GSuite Marketplace is very easy, just follow these steps:
- Click on three dots on the top right of your Google Form.
- Then click on “Add-ons” from the menu.
- It will open a list of GSuite Marketplace apps. On the “Search apps” bar type “Formfacade”.
- Click on the thumbnail of Formfacade app and follow the install and authorization steps to get it added to your Google Form.
Now that you have gotten Formfaacade, it is time to embed-ready HTML code. Follow these steps to get the code to embed your Google Form in your blog or website without iframe.
- Click on the puzzle icon on the top bar of your Google Forms. That’s where you will find the add-ons that you installed.
- Click on “Formfacade”.
- Right in the add-on’s menu, click on “Embed in a webpage”.
- After that, mention your website’s CMS. Note that this step is important for the add-on to automatically assemble your embed code with more appropriate HTML/CSS code.
- Click on “Next” and follow the steps to get your embed HTML code.
- Embed the code into your web page. Then your form will have a similar look with your website’s theme and colors.
Just like we said earlier, you do not need a web developer to create your Google Forms. They are very similar to handwritten questionnaires. It is very easy to prepare and use. Anyone can use it when they follow the right procedures. Also, many companies and startup businesses use Google Forms for surveys (collecting customers opinion for the growth of the company).
Even marketing agencies leverage Google Forms, because that is the fastest way to get the opinion of your audience since it is compatible with both Android and iOS devices. However, while preparing questions for Google Forms, remember not to ask prying question that will trigger paranoia in your audience. You need them to answer questions sincerely, as their answers will determine your next business-related decision.
So, as much as your survey is important, understand that people value their privacy. Therefore, endeavor not to misuse the features of Google Forms. We are sure this article answered your questions and has helped you gain insight on how to go about Google Forms. But if you have further questions or contributions, kindly use the comment section.