Choosing the best blogging platforms to make money can be very confusing for beginners.
But the truth is, it happens to quite a good number of us.
Many successful bloggers today started their blogging journey the same way.
Therefore, we understand how painful, frustrating, and discouraging it can be when you’re just starting.
That is why we are here to help you with all the information you need.
In this post, we will be sharing with you some of the best blogging platforms to make money.
And also, we’ll outline advantages and disadvantages of each of these platforms.
The aim is to give you an opportunity to choose the platform that is best for you.
What is a Blogging Platform?
A Blogging platform is the place or website that you can create and operate your blog site.
It is also known as a blogging software or service where you can publish your post or articles.
Read Also: How to Delete Google Analytics Account
As many people know it to be, it is a simple software platform called content management system (CMS).
This software allows you to build your blog without any knowledge of programming language.
6 Best Blogging Platforms to Help you Earn
The top blogging platforms you should consider are:
This is a free blogging platform that gives you a lot of themes to use on your blog for free.
Blogger is owned by Google and happens to be the best blogging platforms for beginners and writers.
- Blogger is the best site to start a blog and make money as a newbie.
- Another good thing about blogger is that it is easy to set-up.
- It also gives you access to analytics resources, such as statistics, social media connections, and comment tracking.
- Blogger does not give site owners enough site templates for personalization sake.
- You don’t have access to advanced blogging tools.
- The bad news is, Google can suspend your blog or cancel it at any time of their choice.
Here are two different best blogging site for making money from the same company.
The WordPress.org is the CMS where you can develop or host your own blog with a hosting service provider.
While WordPress.com is the same as other free best site to make money blogging.
- The platform gives users complete control over their blogs. Meaning that the website and all of its data belong to the owner.
- Note that WordPress.org is the best blog site to make money. This is because it gives you the ability to add free, paid, and custom apps and themes to your blog.
- You’re also able to add Google Analytics for tracking all activities.
- They are the best blog hosting site to make money.
One downside about WordPress is that the Advert is been placed on all free sites without the owner’s consent and the profits from these ads will not come to you.
Consequently, you can’t personally put an advert to your site and make money from them, except you are paying for the hosting.
Here is another free best blog hosting site to make money, they are also one of the best platforms to create online stores.
Their basic plan gives you free SSL security and 500MB storage but comes with a subdomain. But in case you want to have your own domain identity, then you need to sign up for one of their premium plans.
- Their hosted blog allows users to create sites with drag-and-drop tools that give the ability to customize sites through their web-based interface technology.
- Weebly also offers dozens of themes that you can use on your blog. Their free plans can be tried out on a trial basis before a purchase is necessary.
- They have limited built-in features for those using their free sites platform and it is not possible to add any new ones.
- Trying to integrate with third-party platforms is extremely limited.
- Another problem with them is that even the cheapest paid site plan of $8 per month, has limited access to features.
- For you to unlock the available features, you need to purchase the $49 per month site plan.
This Medium is a bit different blogging platform from the other we have mentioned above, because they are made up of community of writers and bloggers.
Although with Medium, you can easily start and set up a basic web page, however, it’snot ideal for those looking to build an online business.
Read Also: How to choose the right Blogging Niche
Note that Medium is more of a platform to write, have your articles read, and connect with others. But you would be able to put advert on your site and you cannot own your audience.
- Their platform can be very easy to use, with an easy to handle interface, no setup required and very important, it is free.
- They have limited features and once you use their free blogging platform, you cannot run your own Ads which means they are not the best site to make money blogging.
- Another bad news is that they control the followers and post, meaning once you close your account, you lose your followers.
This is a free micro-blogging, social networking platform and the best blog hosting site to make money.
They have a social networking ability which makes it different from other best blogging platforms for making money, meaning you can post multimedia and follow other users’ blogs.
Their platform allows you to get approved for Google AdSense once you have a registered domain name.
- They are free and easy to use, has an integrated social networking ability and let you post multimedia in a short-form blog.
- The platform doesn’t have enough features to expand your blog needs, meaning they lack plugins.
- Another bad news is that you can’t take your post to another platform when you decide to go with WordPress.org or any other blogging platform.
This is one of the best blog site to make money and also known for its drag-and-drop software ability. They have a free version which is even more limited than the free version of WordPress blog.
- They don’t have enough customization features on their free version.
- Also, you will be stuck with Wix advert on your site.
- With their paid version, wix is the best site to start a blog and make money from.
The Advantages: they are the best blog hosting site to make money.
- Wix allows small businesses to take advantage of all online opportunities.
- They provide you with drag-and-drop tools that are easy to use for a blog set-up.
- This platform also offer lots of diverse templates to choose from, as well as, apps from third-party owners.
- Any free blog you build with them will display the Wix branding and adverts. You wouldn’t be able to make money and utilize third-party apps with their free blog version.
- Another downside is that any template chosen cannot later be changed.
- Only paid plans are able to participate in their e-commerce activities.
For we to summarize all the above mentioned 6 best blogging platform for making money, you will notice that WordPress.org plus a paid web hosting plan such as www.Bluehost.com is the best site to start a blog and make money.
The reason why we recommend Bluehost as your hosting service provider for your wordpress blog is because they have incredible 24/7 online service and the best reputations as far as it has to do with web hosting.
The good news is that WordPress is free with a Bluehost premium plan, and you get a 1 year a free domain name to start your wordpress blog.
They also give you access to thousands of themes, plugins, and other software integrations that will allow you to customize your blog as well as putting an advert on your blog the way you want it.
So in case you are serious about knowing the best blogging site for making money online and grow quickly, then we have successfully shared the 6 best blogging platform for making money the easy way.